Hi there!

The following list includes the top 10 places (in no specific order) to go in Manhattan, New York from a locals point of view. Sure any tourist can go to on a water taxi ride to the Statue of Liberty or pay way too much for a Central Park horse and carriage ride and dinner at The Boat House. This list includes the hole in the wall places you would have passed on your way to Time Square to gawk at all the sparkly lights and have over priced drinks at..let me guess.. The Hard Rock. There's nothing wrong with any of the places I mentioned but do yourself a favor a read my list. Having lived in Manhattan for almost 20 years I'm sure I can recommend a few good places. You can thank me later!

MILAN
Although I said my list was is no specific order this restaurant is definitely one of my favorites in New York City. Milan is located in the lower east side of Manhattan and is without a doubt a hole in the wall Indian food restaurant.  However, it may not be so easy to miss with the thousands of lights hung (as seen in the picture) from the ceiling all year round. Guests of Milan are greeted at the top of a steep set of stairs by a friendly member of the staff.  As soon as you duck your head and enter this mini Indian oasis (and by mini I mean they only have about 15 tables in the restaurant), you can smell the authentic spices adding perfection to the dishes being made in the kitchen.  The wait staff are more than willing to help their guests translate anything on the menu so that you order something to your liking.  When your food comes you will not be disappointed, given you like Indian food.  Close your eyes and you could be in the middle of India, music and everything! If you can, go to Milan close to your birthday because their celebration is not to be missed.  No one sings awkwardly at your table, instead the staff, and usually the guests, start clapping and singing along to a traditional Indian birthday along as all the lights go off except for the strobe light in the back which set the 30 second birthday party mood. Birthday or not, every meal is finished with complementary mango ice cream which is not to me missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment