Hi there!

The following list includes the top 10 places (in no specific order) to go in Manhattan, New York from a locals point of view. Sure any tourist can go to on a water taxi ride to the Statue of Liberty or pay way too much for a Central Park horse and carriage ride and dinner at The Boat House. This list includes the hole in the wall places you would have passed on your way to Time Square to gawk at all the sparkly lights and have over priced drinks at..let me guess.. The Hard Rock. There's nothing wrong with any of the places I mentioned but do yourself a favor a read my list. Having lived in Manhattan for almost 20 years I'm sure I can recommend a few good places. You can thank me later!

Pepe Verde
Pepe Verde is the definition of a hole the wall restaurant. Located on Hudson Street in the West Village, it is easily my favorite Italian food restaurant in Manhattan.  Pepe Verde is mostly a take out restaurant since they only have about 10 tables but thats enough to set a cozy vibe with its brick walls and the aroma of freshly baked bread.  A majority of the menu is in Italian but the staff are friendly and always willing to help.  The food is always bursting with the flavor of Italian herbs and sauces and your meal always starts with complementary bread and olive oil.  The front of the Pepe Verde has large doors which open when the weather gets warm to give restaurant a breezy summer feel.  If you enjoy Italian food you'll be crazy about Pepe Verde and if you don't enjoy Italian food I'm sure Pepe Verde will change your mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment